DIY Homemade Paint
Did you know that you can make homemade paint with items you have in your kitchen? Best of all it’s nontoxic, edible, and completely kid-friendly! Our simple DIY homemade paint is the perfect craft to do with the little ones—and when you use Davidson’s™ eggs, it’s completely worry free.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Egg yolks (one for each color)
- Multiple bottles of food coloring
- Muffin tin or multiple small bowls
- Paint brushes
Make your own DIY paint
- Separate egg yolk from egg white. Place yolk into cup of muffin tin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of food coloring to egg yolk. Stir to combine.
- Repeat with as many colors as you like.
That’s it! Now you and your kitchen helper are ready to paint. Try mixing colors for a wider color palette.
Egg White Recipes
Don’t toss those egg whites—whip up some great recipes instead. Macarons are a delicious way to use leftover egg whites. Our Parisian macarons with chocolate ganache are a treat not even the most discriminating confectionary enthusiast can resist. Or decorate your favorite cake with classic egg white frosting. Get more recipe ideas for egg whites in our recipe center.
More DIY egg crafts
Looking for more DIY crafts to do? Now that you have an empty egg carton or two, why not make our DIY egg carton succulents! They’re the perfect way to bring a little outdoor ambiance inside.