Friday’s Friendly Fan: Elaine
At our office we answer phone calls from customers daily. They have questions regarding where they can find our eggs or about the pasteurization process. At the end of every conversation we offer to send coupons. One woman received her coupons and then sent us a very nice thank you note.
In the note, Elaine said it was her “first time trying our eggs and they are great.” She then shared this delicious recipe that we will be trying this weekend.
Thank you Elaine for the wonderful card and the recipe you included!
Elaine’s Safe Eggs Sausage Scramble Recipe:
Sausage patties (crumbled)
8 Safest Choice eggs
Mild cheddar cheese
*Note: No quantities are given for some of the ingredients because this is easily adjusted for taste preferences.
- Crumble the sausage patties into a hot skillet and cook over medium heat for five minutes.
- Then add a tablespoon of butter and the onions and peppers. Continue to sauté vegetables and sausage together until fully cooked.
- Crack all Safest Choice eggs into a bowl with a splash of water and beat together.
- Then add beaten eggs to the pan and continuously move around with a wooden spoon.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- When eggs are almost fully cooked (with a little liquid left) sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Once cheese is melted, remove from heat and serve with toast.