Quantity Foodservice Recipes
Chorizo Scrambled Stuffed Corn Muffin
Serving Size: 1 Super-sized Stuffed Corn Muffin
- 12 oversized corn muffins (5 ounce), ready-made or scratch
- 12 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 18 oz chorizo sausage, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño peppers, diced, small
- 3/4 c sweet onion salsa
- 24 oversized corn muffins (5 ounce), ready-made or scratch
- 24 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 2 1/4 lb chorizo sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, diced, small
- 1 1/2 c sweet onion salsa
- 48 oversized corn muffins (5 ounce), ready-made or scratch
- 48 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 4 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 fresh jalapeño peppers, diced, small
- 3 c sweet onion salsa
- 72 oversized corn muffins (5 ounce), ready-made or scratch
- 72 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 6 3/4 lb chorizo sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 fresh jalapeño peppers, diced, small
- 4 1/2 c sweet onion salsa
- With small knife, cut a circle in the top of the muffin, slicing all the way down from the top to the bottom. Using the knife or a small spoon, carefully remove the center "core" of the muffin, making room for the cooked scrambled egg mixture, resulting in an approximately 3 1/2 ounce muffin. Muffins may be held in warm oven briefly while egg mixture is cooked.
- Heat skillet (tilt, stove top, griddle). Put butter/margarine or non-stick cooking spray on the griddle.
- Using a fork or a whisk, beat the eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add chorizo, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers. Pour onto skillet and cook until soft-scrambled.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of the cooked egg mixture into the center of each corn muffin. Top with 1 tablespoon of sweet onion salsa. Serve hot.
If scratch cooking muffins, additional spicy seasonings can be added, including diced hot peppers or corn (cream style or niblets).
Serving Size (1 Super-sized Stuffed Corn Muffin)
|Calories from Fat||340|
|Total Fat||38g (58% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||10g (50% DV)|
|Cholesterol||295mg (98% DV)|
|Sodium||1680mg (70% DV)|
|89g (30% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||6g (24% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Food Cost Calculator: Calculate the cost of recipes featuring Safest Choice™ pasteurized shell eggs using your own food costs. And—discover the retail profitability!
- Type in the ingredients and associated costs for your recipe
- Then enter your labor hours and rate of pay. (Example: 2 workers create meatloaf. One works in pre-prep for 1 hour. A second works in final production for 1 hour. The labor hours = 2. We add 15% to this figure to cover benefits.)
- Now, hit the CALCULATE COSTS button to calculate the recipe cost per serving.
Retail Profit Calculator: For retail profit calculations, enter your cost, your selling price, and the number of servings you'll sell per day. See the impact on daily and annual profits for your foodservice menu!
|Food Cost Calculator|
Making Shell Eggs Safe
National Pasteurized Eggs was founded to make eggs safe using patented Safest Choice™ Technology.
Since 2003, the Safest Choice™ brand has been protecting restaurants and consumers from the risks of unwanted Salmonella bacteria illnesses around the world.
Did you know? Cracking a shell egg can contaminate your foodservice kitchen with Salmonella for up to 24 hours! Learn more in our Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs FAQs >