big breakfast boost
With traffic sluggish across the restaurant industry, it’s no wonder QSR operators are looking to
morning meals – and Safest Choice™ – to put sales on a fast track.
- Breakfast is booming for Quickservice, which saw 582 million more a.m. visits, $7 billion in
incremental sales and a 2% traffic share increase over the last 5 years. (1)
- Eggs are essential to QSR morning meals. Menu mentions have grown to 4.2 billion servings
in 2011 – a 15% increase over 5 years. (1)
- Hot sandwiches, egg-based entrees and combo meals account for 50% of QSR breakfast
menu items, with hot sandwiches growing 102% over the last 4 years. (2)
bold burger statement
Burgers are made better with fresh, pasteurized shell eggs, which add culinary surprise,
rich flavor and voluptuous mouthfeel to gourmet burger and sandwich builds.
- Gourmet burgers continue to trend upward, with the QSR burger category still
growing and 5 of the leading Fast Casual burger chains realizing double-digit sales
- Fried eggs on burgers represent one of today’s sizzling menu trends,
topping off upscale sandwiches on menus across the country.
- The NPD Group, 2011.
- Datassential, 2011.
- Technomic, October 2011.