Apple, Cheddar, Rosemary Quiche Recipe
Surprise holiday guests with this delicious, unique quiche filling. Perfect for brunch and beyond, this tasty quiche is a cinch to prepare.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie shell
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s), beaten
- 1 1/4 c half and half
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/4 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place shell in pie plate. Line shell with double thickness of aluminum foil. Bake 8 minutes; remove foil. Bake about 5 minutes longer until firm and dry. Reduce heat to 325°F.
- Beat eggs, then stir in half and half, rosemary, salt, and nutmeg, if desired. Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle apple evenly over baked shell. Pour custard mixture over apple layer.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Select an apple that is crisp with strong flavor and is suitable for baking, such as Rome Beauty or Golden Delicious.
If desired, other favorite cheeses such as Swiss or Monterey Jack may be substituted for Cheddar.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Using Safest Choice™ naturally pasteurized eggs means you don’t have to worry about contaminating your kitchen with Salmonella when you cook with eggs.
by Julie L. on 09/21/11
I made this for a baby shower brunch. Everyone was surprised about the apple but really liked it. I didn't add the nutmeg but I think it would be really good with it. I was just afraid that not everyone would like it.
Serving Size (1/8 of quiche)
Total Servings 8
Amount Per Serving:
|Total Fat||20g (31% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||9g (45% DV)|
|Cholesterol||140mg (47% DV)|
|Sodium||442mg (18% DV)|
|13g (4% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Valentine's Day Recipes
- More Vegetarian Recipes
- More Winter Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!