Bistro BLT Slaw Recipe
Fresh-made slaw with twists of blue cheese, avocado, and bacon give this BLT slaw recipe an exciting twist. Top it off with a homemade, mayo-like slaw dressing, and you have a fresh salad high in fiber and low in carbs. (If you pass on the extra dressing, it’s even lower in calories, too.)
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 (10 oz) package coleslaw
- 6 c thinly sliced hearts of Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/3 c diced red onion
- 6 crisp cooked bacon strips, coarsely crumbled
- 1/3 c crumbled blue cheese
Place ingredients for slaw in large bowl.
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 c chopped tomato
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- Place eggs in food processor or blender. Process about 30 seconds to blend. Add tomato, vinegar, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Process until smooth. With machine running, add oil in thin steady stream until combined.
- Toss half of dressing with slaw to coat. Pass remaining dressing, if desired.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
As with any type of homemade salad dressing or mayo recipe, real eggs provide a fresh flavor. This slaw dressing is safe from Salmonella when you use Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe)
Total Servings 8
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||240|
|Total Fat||27g (42% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||4g (20% DV)|
|Cholesterol||55mg (18% DV)|
|Sodium||520mg (22% DV)|
|7g (2% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||3g (12% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!