California Niçoise Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs Recipe
Eat right with color! Why not pair crisp romaine lettuce with arugula and an array of fresh summer produce to make a California Nicoise Salad? Add in ready-to-use Safest Choice™ Hard-Boiled Eggs for a great source of high-quality protein...and pack in the fresh flavors!
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 6 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s), hard-boiled
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- pinch garlic powder
- cilantro (few sprigs)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 oz red bell peppers (julienne cut)
- 1/2 yellow onion (julienne cut)
- 5 oz sweet potatoes (very thinly sliced)
- 5 oz green beans
- 1 oz Bibb lettuce (rinsed clean and chopped)
- 1 oz arugula (rinsed clean)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Slice eggs into quarters.
- Prepare avocado salsa by combining avocado, tomato, garlic powder, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay out red peppers, onions, and sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Steam and drain green beans.
- Rinse and chop greens.
- Combine greens with avocado salsa. Arrange or garnish with eggs, roasted bell peppers & onions, green beans, and sweet potatoes on top of greens.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Safest Choice™ Hard-Boiled Eggs are a simple, economical addition to this salad. Peeled and ready to eat!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe)
Total Servings 4
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19g (29% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||4g (20% DV)|
|Cholesterol||280mg (93% DV)|
|Sodium||260mg (11% DV)|
|17g (6% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||6g (24% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!