Cheesy Spinach Quiche Recipe
"Easy, delicious quiche recipe that will have them coming back for more!" — GianinaG
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 85 minutes
- 1/2 c butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1/2 c diced tomatoes
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9 inch unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s), beaten
- 1 c milk (nonfat)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In medium skillet, sauté chopped garlic and onion in melted butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes, feta, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Enjoy the benefits of Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs! No risk of cross contamination from Salmonella when you prepare the quiche recipe; and no risk of Salmonella in this scrumptious entrée!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/8 of quiche)
Total Servings 8
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||300|
|Total Fat||34g (52% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||18g (90% DV)|
|Cholesterol||160mg (53% DV)|
|Sodium||650mg (27% DV)|
|21g (7% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||1g (4% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More User Submitted Recipes
- More Valentine's Day Recipes
- More Vegetarian Recipes
- More Winter Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!