Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This take on traditional baked chocolate chip cookies is on the crisp side, not as chewy as some. And, it’s a favorite among taste-testers! Chill the dough first if you want the cookies to spread less in baking. And, if you prefer raw cookie dough, this recipe is for you!
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c granulated white sugar
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c (one 12-oz bag) semisweet chocolate chips
- Thoroughly whisk flour and baking soda by hand. Set aside.
- In a mixer, blend the butter and sugars on medium speed until well combined. Add the egg, salt, and vanilla. Mix.
- Gently stir the flour and baking soda into the butter mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Go ahead, taste the dough without fear of Salmonella from raw eggs!
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Grease cookie sheets. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies start to tan and the edges brown. Remove the sheet from the oven and let it stand about 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to racks where they can cool.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Yes, you can eat the raw cookie dough without fear of Salmonella from eggs. All-natural pasteurization eliminates the risk of Salmonella.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1 cookie)
Total Servings 60
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5g (8% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||3g (15% DV)|
|Cholesterol||15mg (5% DV)|
|Sodium||45mg (2% DV)|
|14g (5% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||0g (0% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!