Chocolate Peppermint Pie Recipe
Impress family & dinner guests with this unique dessert consisting of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips paired with crushed peppermint candies. It’s pepperminty, chocolaty, creamy, rich, decadent, festive…frozen but not too firm. We declare it best with the Oreo crust.
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 6 hours 45 minutes
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c confectioners' sugar
- 3 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 c white chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 c whipped cream
- 1/2 c crushed peppermint candy (about 20 candy rounds)
- 1 nine-inch pie crust (baked pastry crust or crumb crust such as graham cracker or chocolate may be used)
- 1/2 c semisweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
- Place cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed to combine. Increase speed to high; beat until smooth, scraping bowl as necessary. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Remove 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture; set aside. Add white chocolate to remaining mixture; beat on medium to combine. By hand, fold in whipped cream. Gently stir in peppermint. Pour into pie crust. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir chocolate chips into reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture. Remove pie from refrigerator. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over pie. Spread to cover pie, or use knife to swirl chocolate. Freeze, covered, until firm.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Eliminate the risk of Salmonella when you choose Safest Choice™ naturally pasteurized eggs. Be safe, and eat well!
by Sarah H. on 04/18/11
This has been one of my go-to holiday dessert recipes for years, since Safest Choice Eggs first published it. I decorate it with criss-crossed miniature candy canes. Love it!! I will upload a photo next time I make it...
Serving Size (1/10 of recipe)
Total Servings 10
Amount Per Serving:
|Total Fat||29g (45% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||16g (80% DV)|
|Cholesterol||106mg (35% DV)|
|Sodium||235mg (10% DV)|
|53g (18% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!