Dreamy White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
Emily of the Sugar Plum Blog offers another great recipe using Safest Choice™ eggs! This Dreamy White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie makes an excellent addition to any meal and is sure to impress with the amazing combination of white chocolate and coconut custard topped with meringue.
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c granulated sugar, divided use
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s), separated
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine coconut milk, 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; bring to a simmer, whisking frequently.
- Whisk the egg yolks together in a medium sized mixing bowl, and gradually whisk in half of hot milk mixture until combined; whisk the egg mixture back into saucepan containing remaining milk.
- Heat mixture, whisking frequently, until it just comes to a slight simmer, starts to thicken up, and coats the back of a spoon; strain into a large mixing bowl. Stir in white chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla and coconut, until combined. Chill coconut custard in refrigerator for 45 minutes, or until cold.
- Place heavy cream in a large mixing bowl; using a mixer on high speed, beat until stiff peaks form - about 2-3 minutes. Gently fold whipped cream into coconut custard until combined. Place mixture into baked pie shell. Freeze for 3 hours, or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, heat oven broiler (preferably on a low setting). In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on high speed, beat together egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form – about 2-3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium, and gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until well combined.
- Spread meringue over the top of pie. Broil until golden brown, which should take less than a minute. Serve immediately.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Do you ever wonder if cracking ordinary eggs is getting Salmonella on your counter? With Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs, there’s no Salmonella to worry about.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/8 of pie)
Total Servings 8
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||370|
|Total Fat||41g (63% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||27g (135% DV)|
|Cholesterol||150mg (50% DV)|
|Sodium||200mg (8% DV)|
|48g (16% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||2g (8% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!