Eggnog Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
What better way to use your extra homemade eggnog? Try it in this Eggnog Chocolate Bundt Cake. The eggnog glaze is a special touch. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy Emily of Sugar Plum Blog.
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 85 minutes
Eggnog Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 c classic eggnog
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c spiced rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Eggnog Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; remove pan from heat and whisk in chocolate until well combined and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; whisk until combined.
- In an additional large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together eggs, eggnog, sugar, rum and vanilla until well combined - about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in melted chocolate mixture until well combined. Whisk in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until no longer wobbly, and a wooden skewer inserted into cake comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp classic eggnog
- 3/4 c confectioners' sugar
- fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, cream cheese and eggnog until well combined and smooth; beat in confectioners' sugar until well combined.
- Drizzle glaze over cake. Grate fresh nutmeg over the top of cake, if desired.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Homemade eggnog made with Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs is a safe choice for all your eggnog recipes.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/12 of cake)
Total Servings 12
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||200|
|Total Fat||22g (34% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||13g (65% DV)|
|Cholesterol||85mg (28% DV)|
|Sodium||280mg (12% DV)|
|52g (17% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||2g (8% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!