Eggnog Strata with Tangerine and Cranberry Recipe
This is the perfect make ahead breakfast dish! Assemble this the day before you plan to serve it and store in the refrigerator. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking. Pre-heat the oven and bake the casserole!
Recipe courtesy Nancy Buchanan of A Communal Table.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 85 minutes
- 4 c Safest Choice™ Light Eggnog
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- juice and zest of 2 tangerines
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 day old sourdough baguettes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggnog, eggs, tangerine zest and juice, cardamom, nutmeg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the bread and cranberries and stir.
- Let mixture sit for about 30 minutes so the bread has a chance to absorb the egg mixture.
- Stir and pour into the prepared casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
While storing eggnog strata in the refrigerator, you’ll never have to worry about Salmonella from raw eggs spreading to other foods.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/8 of pan)
Total Servings 8
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||5g (8% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g (8% DV)|
|Cholesterol||195mg (65% DV)|
|Sodium||90mg (4% DV)|
|34g (11% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||1g (4% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More Eggnog Recipes
- More Light & Healthy Recipes
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Vegetarian Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!