Five Flavor Pound Cake Recipe
Chef Lori Parrett of Cake Walk Chicago offers this delicious five flavor pound cake made with Safest Choice™ eggs! The tantalizing flavor combination of vanilla, lemon, almond, rum, and butter is a unique variation of a classic dessert.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 3 c cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cultured buttermilk powder
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon emulsion
- 1/2 tsp butter emulsion
- 1/2 tsp almond emulsion
- 1/2 tsp rum emulsion
- 1 c butter
- 2 c sugar
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- Line tube pan with parchment paper then spray with non-stick spray or brush with pan grease.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk powder, set aside. Mix water, and flavors.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy, add eggs one at a time until well mixed. Alternate adding flour mixture and liquid mixture to sugar/egg blend mixing well each time.
- Pour batter into pan. Put into a COLD oven, bake at 300° F for 2 hours.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Eggs are every baker’s friend. But did you know that mixing batters with raw eggs can spread germs across your counter? Not with Safest Choice™pasteurized eggs, though. They’re your egg safety solution!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/12 of cake)
Total Servings 12
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17g (26% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||10g (50% DV)|
|Cholesterol||105mg (35% DV)|
|Sodium||410mg (17% DV)|
|61g (20% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||1g (4% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More Mother's Day Recipes
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Spring Recipes
- More Valentine's Day Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!