Healthy Egg Salad Florentine Recipe
Adding spinach is a healthy twist for this favorite egg salad recipe. It’s high in fiber, low in fat, and packed with nutrition!
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 6 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s), hard-boiled
- 6 oz spinach (chopped)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic puree
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/8 c mayonnaise (fat-free)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices of multigrain bread
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a pot with a steamer basket for spinach.
- Dice the eggs.
- Steam spinach just long enough to wilt it. Drain and press dry with clean paper towels.
- Combine the eggs, spinach, onions, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- Fold in the mustard and mayonnaise. Season with salt & pepper to taste (optional).
- Assemble sandwich. Serve fresh fruit on the side.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
For convenience, try Safest Choice™ hard-boiled eggs—cooked, peeled, and ready to use.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/2 sandwich)
Total Servings 6
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8g (12% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||2g (10% DV)|
|Cholesterol||185mg (62% DV)|
|Sodium||460mg (19% DV)|
|23g (8% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||5g (20% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!