How to Make Basted Eggs
A basted egg is a simple yet elegant way to cook your everyday egg. Find out how easy this egg recipe can be with these proven recipe how-to’s.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe? Pasteurized eggs make runny yolks safe to eat!
Active time: 7 minutes
What You'll Need
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- To baste an egg, first heat 2 tablespoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low until hot.
- Then, crack a pasteurized egg into a custard cup and gently slide it into the melted butter in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook about 30 seconds.
- When the edges turn white, begin basting by tipping the pan to gather melted butter in a large tablespoon. Spoon the butter over the egg and repeat to coat the entire surface.
- Next, cover the skillet and let the egg cook 30 to 45 seconds.
- Now baste again, cover, and repeat, for a total of 2 to 3 times. Cook until the white is set and the yolk begins to firm, about 1½ to 2 minutes total.
News, Recipes, & Coupons
Sign up today to receive our monthly email.
Serving Size (2 eggs)
Total Servings 1
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14g (22% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||5g (25% DV)|
|Cholesterol||380mg (127% DV)|
|Sodium||120mg (5% DV)|
|1g (0% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||0g (0% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Safest Choice™ Eggs taste great and are safe for all your favorite egg dishes! The Safest Choice™ all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs without changing the nutrition or flavor. In fact, Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs have earned the Seal of Approval for exceptional flavor and culinary performance from the the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!