How to Make Soft Boiled Eggs
Ever wonder how to serve those delightful soft eggs right out of the shell? Mystery solved with this recipe for soft boiled eggs. You can cook as few or as many as you want with these simple recipe steps.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe? With 4 out of 5 Salmonella entertidis foodborne illness cases coming from raw or undercooked eggs—Safest Choice™ eggs give you peace of mind. They’re pasteurized to eliminate the risk.
Active time: 2 minutes
What You'll Need
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- Carefully arrange pasteurized eggs in a single layer in a saucepan, then add enough water to cover the eggs by at least 1 inch.
- Bring water to a rolling boil over high heat. A rolling boil is when the water has very large, fast breaking bubbles on the surface.
- Now remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let stand about 4 minutes for soft boiled eggs, which will be quite runny.
- If you prefer a firmer, yet still slightly runny yolk, let it stand 8 to 9 minutes, and for a hard-cooked egg leave it in the water 15 minutes.
- When egg reaches desired doneness, lift from the pot,then tap a spoon once or twice around the center of the egg. Crack the shell open and use a small spoon to scoop the egg from the shell.
News, Recipes, & Coupons
Sign up today to receive our monthly email.
Serving Size (2 eggs)
Total Servings 1
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10g (15% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||3g (15% DV)|
|Cholesterol||370mg (123% DV)|
|Sodium||120mg (5% DV)|
|1g (0% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||0g (0% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The Safest Choice™ patented, all natural, award-winning egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen. Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are perfect for: sunny side up eggs, poached eggs, soft scrambled eggs, omelets, Tiramisù, Caesar salad dressing, Hollandaise sauce, mousse, homemade mayonnaise, homemade ice cream…and licking the spoon when you bake.
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!