Individual Cheese & Herb Stratas Recipe
This recipe blends eggs with the flavor power of goat’s cheese and a healthy dose of fresh chopped herbs to make a quick and easy individual strata. Serve it any time of day for a healthy meal packed with protein, plus vitamins from the eggs and herbs!
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 55 - 60 minutes
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 2 c French or Italian bread pieces (1-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 c crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 c chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- 8 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- salt to taste
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp finely minced bell pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter bottom and sides of four 10 to 12 ounce ramekins or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line each ramekin with 2 slices prosciutto or ham with some extending over sides.
- In large bowl, toss bread pieces and butter together. Stir in cheese and herbs. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins pressing down lightly. Break 2 eggs into each ramekin. Add salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle bell pepper around eggs, if desired.
- Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 400°F oven 25 to 30 minutes, until whites are set and yolks begin to firm, or to desired doneness.
- Garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
- Other cheese such as cubed mozzarella, Cheddar, etc. may be substituted for the goat cheese.
- Herbs such as basil, rosemary, thyme, chives and/or parsley may be used. Use one or a combination.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Baked egg recipes made with ordinary eggs have to be cooked hard to be safe from Salmonella. But when you use Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs, you can serve it soft—and safe!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1 ramekin)
Total Servings Makes 4 servings
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21g (32% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||10g (50% DV)|
|Cholesterol||330mg (110% DV)|
|Sodium||1050mg (44% DV)|
|11g (4% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||1g (4% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!