Italian Mayonnaise Recipe
Nothing says fresh like homemade! And nothing says safe like Safest Choice™ all-natural, pasteurized eggs!
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c vegetable oil
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Squeeze the lemon and strain any seeds from the juice. You should get about 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Separate the eggs, putting the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer and discard the whites.
- Add the salt and begin beating with the whisk attachment on a medium high setting. Beat until the yolks become paler and creamy in consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Begin adding the oil, very slowly at first, pausing periodically to allow it to be incorporated into the eggs. After about 1/4 cup of the oil has been added, begin pouring in the lemon juice, adding only about 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice at a time. Don’t be concerned if the mixture becomes softer. As more oil is beaten in, the mayonnaise will firm up again and then more lemon can be added, 1/2 tablespoon at a time. Continue until all the oil and lemon juice have been incorporated. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if desired. It will keep refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Gone are the days of worrying about Salmonella in the mayonnaise you make at home. Try Safest Choice™ eggs in all your recipes!
by Smith on 08/27/12
This is similiar to hollandaise sauce minus the butter. I will try it...looks easy and delicious.
I love your eggs...since I first started buying them a few months ago,.. they are the best tasting and safest eggs I have found, and I won't use any other. Thanks so much for creating them for us.
Serving Size (1 Tbsp)
Total Servings 20
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17g (26% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g (8% DV)|
|Cholesterol||20mg (7% DV)|
|Sodium||120mg (5% DV)|
|0g (0% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||0g (0% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!