Mexicali Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
This south of the border twist on classic Caesar salad can be a delicious, easy meal when you use leftover chicken, or pick up a roasted chicken from the deli.
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 c shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 c shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 15 - 20 tortilla chips, smashed
- Place garlic, eggs, chili powder and lemon juice into a blender and process for 30 seconds. While the blender is running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Add the Parmesan, pinch of salt and black pepper, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and taco seasoning.
- Chop romaine into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat, then arrange on large platter. Top with shredded chicken, tomato, cheese and tortilla chips. Serve immediately.
Crack Safest Choice™ eggs into your blender with confidence. You’ll have no risk of Salmonella from these eggs!
by JennyG65 on 08/09/12
I made this over the weekend and was surprised at just how easy this was to prepare. What a delicious spin on one of my favorite classic recipes. I added in some fresh jalapeno for an extra kick! I will definitely make this again!
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe)
Total Servings 6
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21g (32% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||7g (35% DV)|
|Cholesterol||110mg (37% DV)|
|Sodium||890mg (37% DV)|
|25g (8% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||5g (20% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!