Mocha Latte Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Add a touch of elegance to your next dessert offering with this sophisticated Mocha Latte Chocolate Mousse. No one will ever know that this smooth, rich, and decadent dessert was so quick and easy to make!
Active time: 45 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp coffee liqueur
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 c heavy cream
- pinch salt
- ground coffee for garnish
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, then add the coffee powder, coffee liqueur and vanilla extract, mix it. Pour into a bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form, gradually add half of sugar and beat the whites just until stiff.
- In another bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, beat egg yolks and remaining sugar until pale yellow and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Also with the mixer on high speed, beat cream until stiff.
- Gently fold yolk mixture into chocolate, add whites and fold until just blended, add whipped cream and fold just until blended.
- Divide into coffee cups and refrigerate for an hour. Decorate it with whipped cream and ground coffee.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Cooking with eggs is now worry-free. Safest Choice™ all-natural, pasteurized eggs eliminate the Salmonella risk!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe)
Total Servings 6
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||380|
|Total Fat||42g (65% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||26g (130% DV)|
|Cholesterol||210mg (70% DV)|
|Sodium||60mg (3% DV)|
|34g (11% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||3g (12% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!