PB & Chocolate Frozen Sundae Bars Recipe
Who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate? These delicious bars make a great summertime treat.
Active time: 40 minutes
Total time: Varies based on cooling and freezing time
- 1 1/2 c crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1/2 c finely ground salted roasted peanuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c confectioners' sugar
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz lightly sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- chocolate fudge syrup
Preheat oven to 300° F. Lightly spray 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine crushed cookies, 2 teaspoons peanut butter, butter, and ground peanuts.
- Remove 1/2 cup of this crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture onto crust and smooth with spatula.
- Gently drizzle with chocolate fudge syrup. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Freeze until firm, then cut into 36 bars.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Beating raw eggs for this filling is always safer when you use pasteurized eggs. They’re pasteurized to eliminate the risk of Salmonella.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/36 of recipe (1bar))
Total Servings 36
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11g (17% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||4.5g (23% DV)|
|Cholesterol||30mg (10% DV)|
|Sodium||120mg (5% DV)|
|14g (5% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||1g (4% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!