Peanut Butter Banana Toffee Pie Recipe
If you love chilled, creamy pies, you’ll enjoy this peanut butter banana toffee pie recipe. Bananas, whipped cream, toffee bits, and mini peanut butter cups make this a special treat. Even the crust is homemade—and so easy!
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 45 minutes
- 18 peanut butter cream-filled sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1-1/2 c confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 stick(s) butter, softened
- 1/3 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 3 c sweetened whipped cream or frozen whipped topping (thawed), divided
- 2/3 c chocolate covered toffee bits, divided
- 2 medium bananas, sliced 1/4 inch thick (reserve 9 slices)
- 14 mini peanut butter cups, quartered (reserve 9 quarters)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cookies and melted butter. Press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350ºF 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Chill until needed.
- Place confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 cup butter, peanut butter and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed to combine. Increase speed to medium-high; beat until smooth and light about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream. Gently stir in 1/2 cup of the toffee bits, the banana slices and quartered peanut butter cups. Spoon filling into chilled crust; smooth top. Chill 4 hours or until firm.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over chilled pie. Garnish with remaining toffee bits, banana slices and peanut butter cup quarters.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Crack Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs into your pie filling with confidence. No Salmonella worries!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe)
Total Servings 8
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||440|
|Total Fat||49g (75% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||25g (125% DV)|
|Cholesterol||110mg (37% DV)|
|Sodium||270mg (11% DV)|
|90g (30% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||3g (12% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!