Prosciutto Pan Pizza Carbonara with Goat Cheese & Spinach Recipe
This is a Safest Choice recipe contest winner!
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided use)
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 3 oz prosciutto, torn to 1-inch bits
- 3 c diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 - 2 Tbsp chili paste (sriracha)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 c baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c crumbled goat cheese
- 6 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Grease 15x10-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roll pizza dough out on pan, stretching it to each corner. Bake about 8 minutes or until just beginning to puff and brown. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, cook prosciutto in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. In medium bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, tomatoes, chili paste and garlic.
- Spread partially baked crust with tomato mixture, then sprinkle evenly with prosciutto, spinach and goat cheese. With back of spoon, lightly press 6 evenly spaced indentations into top of pizza. Crack eggs into indentations. Sprinkle with pepper. Return pizza to oven; bake about 8 minutes or until eggs are just beginning to set. Cool slightly. Cut into 6 pieces.
It's best not to let the crust cool too much before topping. The heat from the crust helps the eggs to set.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Do you worry about the Salmonella risk when you cook eggs lightly? Think of Safest Choice™ eggs as your worry-eliminator!
by Jean on 09/21/11
I had egg on pizza for the first time a few years ago and was so excited to try this recipe since it has so many of my favorite things -- spinach, goat cheese and rooster sauce, which really adds a nice kick. This was so good that I'll make it again and again.
Make sure that the crust is hot out of the oven when you crack the eggs on it. Otherwise they don't cook up well and you'll end up having to leave the pizza in the oven for too long.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe)
Total Servings 6
Amount Per Serving:
|Total Fat||22g (34% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||7g (35% DV)|
|Cholesterol||239mg (80% DV)|
|Sodium||873mg (36% DV)|
|41g (14% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!