Romantic Breakfast for Two-Smoked Salmon, Baby Spinach, Potatoes, and Poached Egg Recipe
"Here is a recipe when you want a healthy, light dinner or a special romantic Sunday brunch. Baby spinach, topped with roasted fingerling potatoes, strips of smoked salmon, cucumber, and a velvety poached egg. Serve with champagne or white wine. Enjoy!" — SeductionMeals.com
Active time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- pinch salt
- 1/2 c peeled cucumber sliced in thin rounds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (for dressing)
- 1/2 lemon, fresh squeezed juice
- pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (for potatoes)
- 2 c baby organic spinach
- salt to taste
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 4 oz smoked salmon, trimmed slices in long strips 1" - 2" wide
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet, mix with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle fresh rosemary and a dash of salt on top. Cook potatoes until golden brown - about 20 - 25 minutes
- Place baby spinach and cucumbers in a large bowl, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice with salt and pepper to taste, toss and set aside.
- Poach the two eggs
- Place 1/2 of the spinach in each bowl.
- Place potatoes over the spinach
- Place 3 or 4 salmon strips on top of the potatoes
- Top with one poached egg, cut to allow the yolk to flow
Serve with toast
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Poached Safest Choice™ eggs keep your romantic brunch safe and healthy.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1 large salad)
Total Servings 2
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||360|
|Total Fat||40g (62% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||7g (35% DV)|
|Cholesterol||275mg (92% DV)|
|Sodium||300mg (13% DV)|
|43g (14% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||9g (36% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Romantic Meal Recipes
- More User Submitted Recipes
- More Valentine's Day Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!