Safe Caesar Salad Recipe
A classic salad, with fresh dressing made using eggs and lemon juice. Perfect for a quick meal on a warm summer day! Works well with protein add-ins, like grilled chicken.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 to 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (1 to 2 medium cloves)
- 1 anchovy fillet, mashed (or 2 inches of anchovy paste)
- pinch coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 c croutons
- coarsely ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor combine the first six ingredients until blended.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- When the dressing is well combined and creamy, pour it into a bowl and stir in 2 Tbsp. of the Parmesan cheese.
- In a large salad bowl, pour dressing over the lettuce, add croutons and toss until coated.
- Divide onto chilled salad plates and sprinkle each salad with the remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Add sliced grilled chicken for a heartier Caesar salad.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Caesar salad just got safe! This authentic recipe using raw eggs is worry-free with Safest Choice™ eggs. They’re pasteurized. You won’t find that assurance in most grocery store eggs!
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1.5 cups)
Total Servings 4
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||250|
|Total Fat||28g (43% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||5g (25% DV)|
|Cholesterol||60mg (20% DV)|
|Sodium||420mg (18% DV)|
|11g (4% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||3g (12% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The Safest Choice™ patented, all natural, award-winning egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen. Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are perfect for: sunny side up eggs, poached eggs, soft scrambled eggs, omelets, Tiramisù, Caesar salad dressing, Hollandaise sauce, mousse, homemade mayonnaise, homemade ice cream…and licking the spoon when you bake.
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!