Safest Choice™ Quiche Recipe
This easy and delicious Safest Choice™ Quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or anytime! Also be sure to try the Spinach & Bacon Quiche and Mushroom Quiche variations.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 c cups shredded cheese (cheddar, colby, Swiss, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, Gruyère, or a combination)
- 1/2 c crisp crumbled cooked bacon or diced cooked ham (diced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 3/4 c cups milk or half & half
- 1/4 c thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional) to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk or fork until well combined. Place pie crust into 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle cheese and bacon into pie crust.
- Add milk, onions, salt, black pepper and cayenne, if desired, to eggs. Whisk until combined. Pour egg mixture over cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 425°F 15 minutes on rack set in lower third of oven. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F; continue baking 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. (If crust is browning too quickly, cover edge of crust with foil.)
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Spinach & Bacon Quiche
Coarsely chop 2 cups fresh spinach. Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, butter or bacon drippings in medium skillet. Add spinach. Cook and stir 1 minute, just until barely wilted. Stir into egg mixture in step 2. Continue as recipe directs.
Omit bacon from basic recipe. Cook 2 cups sliced mushrooms (1/8 to 1/4-inch thick slices) in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter over medium-high heat about 5 minutes until tender and all liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions or minced bell pepper. Stir into egg mixture in step 2. Continue as recipe directs.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe)
Total Servings 6
Amount Per Serving:
|Total Fat||29g (45% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||12g (60% DV)|
|Cholesterol||190mg (63% DV)|
|Sodium||844mg (35% DV)|
|17g (6% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More Entree Recipes
- More Mother's Day Recipes
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Romantic Meal Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!