Safest Choice™ Sunny Face Recipe
Kids love this recipe for eggs in toast. It’s quick and easy to prepare for a healthy breakfast. And, it’s portable!
Active time: 8 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 slice bread
- 1 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- Use a cookie cutter to cut a circle out of the center of the bread to make a hole.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Set the bread slice on the pan and turn the heat on to medium.
- Break an egg into the hole. Continue cooking until egg is set (only a little wiggly), about 3 minutes.
- Turn over the bread with a spatula and cook about 1 more minute.
- Lift onto a plate. Enjoy!
- Parsley flakes
- Chopped chives
- Grated cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Using pasteurized eggs means a food-safe option for anyone on the go.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1 toast slice)
Total Servings 1
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||6g (9% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g (8% DV)|
|Cholesterol||185mg (62% DV)|
|Sodium||240mg (10% DV)|
|19g (6% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||2g (8% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More Eggs Any Time Recipes
- More Fast & Easy Recipes
- More Kid-friendly Recipes
- More Light & Healthy Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!