Shirred Eggs Provencal Recipe
A stunning take on the classic shirred eggs recipe, this one adds upscale flavor with sautéed vegetables and fresh cilantro.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 oz red onion (julienne)
- 3 oz fresh, sliced shittake mushrooms
- 8 oz tomato (fresh or canned & drained, diced)
- 8 oz potato, diced or shredded (par-cooked)
- 1/4 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1/3 c skim milk
- 3 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s)
- 1.5 oz Swiss chesse (shredded)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro (fresh and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray sauté pan with cooking spray. Sauté onions until al dente. Then add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Next, add tomatoes, potatoes, garlic, skim milk, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Divide ingredients into 4-5 ounce size ramekins.
- Crack one whole egg per ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a 2" deep baking pan with water bath and cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then uncover and garnish with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Safe eggs make a recipe for undercooked eggs you can serve with confidence.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1 ramekin)
Total Servings 3
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9g (14% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||3.5g (18% DV)|
|Cholesterol||195mg (65% DV)|
|Sodium||330mg (14% DV)|
|23g (8% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||3g (12% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More Light & Healthy Recipes
- More Mother's Day Recipes
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Vegetarian Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!