Smoked Salmon Salad with Dilled Béarnaise Dressing Recipe
"This recipe was created for the Kitchen Play Progressive Party, with Safest Choice Eggs as the sponsor. You can view the original at All Day I Dream About Food." — Fooddreamer
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 10 oz mixed salad greens
- 8 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1/2 c red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg yolk(s)
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad, divide salad greens among four plates. Arrange other ingredients on top.
- For the dressing, melt the butter over medium heat in a small pan. When it is melted, add shallots and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a boil, cooking until reduced by half.
- Scrape mixture into blender. Add egg yolks and blend.
- Add lemon juice, mustard, and oil and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir in chopped dill.
- Drizzle salads with dressing and serve, passing any remaining dressing at the table.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Egg yolks in this salad dressing make it so smooth—without the worry of Salmonella, when you use Safest Choice™ pasteurized eggs.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe)
Total Servings 4
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19g (29% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||5g (25% DV)|
|Cholesterol||180mg (60% DV)|
|Sodium||230mg (10% DV)|
|8g (3% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||2g (8% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More New Year's Brunch Recipes
- More Romantic Meal Recipes
- More User Submitted Recipes
- More Valentine's Day Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!