Discover Chef Giuliano Hazan’s authentic recipe for Tiramisù, which means “pick me up”. With its origins in Venice, this luscious, silky dessert is easy to make.
Active time: 55 minutes
Total time: 13 hours
- 2 c Italian coffee
- 8 oz dry ladyfingers
- 4 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg yolk(s)
- 5 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Strega or yellow Chartreuse liqueur
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 1 (500 gram or 1 pound) container mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Make the coffee and pour it into a shallow bowl wide enough for soaking the ladyfingers. Set aside to cool.
- Soak half the ladyfingers in the coffee, two at a time, allowing the liquid to penetrate them completely but letting the excess drain out of them, and place them in a single layer on bottom of a 3-quart serving dish at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and pale yellow with a custard-like consistency, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the Strega and rum, then mix in the mascarpone, about 1/2 cup at a time, being careful not to over whip the mixture so it does not separate.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream until it forms firm peaks. Carefully fold into the mascarpone mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the coffee soaked ladyfingers. Soak the remaining ladyfingers and arrange them over the mascarpone, then spread the remaining mascarpone mixture on top. Use a fine mesh strainer or sifter to sprinkle the cocoa over the top, covering the mascarpone mixture completely. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours, or overnight.
- Serve chilled, cutting the Tiramisù into square portions with a serving spatula and placing them on dessert plates.
Why use Safest Choice™ Eggs in this recipe?
Chef Giuliano chose Safest Choice™ naturally pasteurized eggs for his Tiramisù recipe because they eliminate the risk of Salmonella. You don’t have to cook the egg yolks to make them safe.
Be the first to review this recipe!
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe)
Total Servings 12
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||220|
|Total Fat||25g (38% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||13g (65% DV)|
|Cholesterol||165mg (55% DV)|
|Sodium||80mg (3% DV)|
|17g (6% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||0g (0% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- More Chef Specialty Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
- More Homemade Italian with Chef Giuliano Recipes
- More Video Recipes
Davidson's Safest Choice™ Eggs are pasteurized in our all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. Find out more!
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!