Classic Eggnog Recipe
This Classic Eggnog is delicious topped with a sprinkling of ground nutmeg, a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.
Active time: 30 minutes
- 12 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg(s), separated
- 1 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 qt (4 cups) heavy cream
- 2 c whole milk
- 2-3 c dark rum, bourbon or brandy (optional)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ground nutmeg or cinnamon to taste
- Place egg yolks in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until combined.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and pale yellow.
- Stir in cream and milk, then rum and vanilla, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled or as long as overnight. Just before serving, beat room temperature egg whites with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir egg yolk mixture. Then gently fold in beaten egg whites. Pour eggnog into punch bowl. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Nutrition information does not include any optional alcohol.
by k052148 on 12/17/15
by JennyG65 on 01/03/12
The Classic Eggnog recipe is outstanding. I made this recipe for family and friends and it was definitely something that will become a tradition in our household. Everything was just right--right down to the consistency which is often an issue for my husband. This recipe made a great, creamy eggnog that had tons of flavor but was not too sweet.
by RBowles on 12/27/11
RECIPES ARE GREAT ADD MORE CAN I ADD SOME
by ChefLo on 12/24/11
This is better than most recipes that call for an entire pound of sugar. Not too sweet but thick and rich. Love the light egg nog version too! But nothing beats the "fully leaded" classic!
by biggmoma47 on 12/23/11
News, Recipes, & Coupons
Sign up today to receive our monthly email.
Serving Size (3/4 cup without alcohol)
Total Servings 20
Amount Per Serving:
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21g (32% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||12g (60% DV)|
|Cholesterol||180mg (60% DV)|
|Sodium||65mg (3% DV)|
|18g (6% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||0g (0% DV)|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Safest Choice™ Eggs taste great and are safe for all your favorite egg dishes! The Safest Choice™ all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs without changing the nutrition or flavor. In fact, Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs have earned the Seal of Approval for exceptional flavor and culinary performance from the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
The Raw Egg Risk
Safest Choice™ Eggs aren't just good for sunny-side up or poached eggs. Consider all the recipes that feature raw eggs, like eggnog, Caesar salad dressing, raw cookie dough, custard and more. Take homemade ice cream, for example. Over a four-year period, more than 500 illnesses in the US were traced to Salmonella bacteria in homemade ice cream, according to the CDC. The ingredient at fault? Raw or undercooked eggs.
Avoid the raw egg risk & get coupons!
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are worry-free. Click for coupons!